Pennsylvania Science Standards
The Coal Unit addresses the following Pennsylvania Science Standards:
3.2.7.B. Apply process knowledge to make and interpret observations
3.5.7.A. Describe earth features and processes.
- Describe the processes that formed PA geologic structures and resources
- Explain how the rock cycle affected rock formations in PA
3.5.7.B. Recognize earth resources and how they affect everyday life.
- Identify and locate significant earth resources in PA
- Explain the processes involved in the formation of oil and coal in PA
- Explain the value and uses of different earth resources